Monday, December 15, 2008

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: Turning Over a New Leaf

For those of you that know me, you know that I work nights and weekends to make Agile Images what it is. You also know that I want photography to be an even bigger part of my life. I've loved it since I was a kid, and now, I'm putting my heart and soul into a new business venture.

I was lucky enough to meet Janie Ivey at a recent Bridal Show in Waxahachie. Janie's late husband, Ray, started Ivey Photography in 1976. Unfortunately, Ray passed away a few years back, and Janie has reached her limit in running the studio without him. Janie and her new husband, David, have been kind enough to sell me their business, Ivey Photography. I don't know if they had a "For Sale" sign in the yard, but I think they were looking for the right person, at the right time, with the right set of skills. That person, time, and skill set happen to all line up with me.

The Ivey Studio is located in Midlothian, just off of Business 287, on the corner of 12th and Avenue G. The studio is located in a historical old home built in 1889. From the moment I walked in to the door, I knew it would make a great home for me. Over the past 6 weeks, Janie and David and I have become close, and we are all excited about the opportunity at hand. There is a LOT of work to be done, but I have a great support team, and a tremendous history to build on. Even though Mr. Ivey hasn't been shooting at the Studio for a few years now, his Legacy lives on through Janie, and now, hopefully, through me. He was a great photographer, and I hope to maintain the high level of professionalism and integrity that Ivey Photography brings to the photography industry. Janie and her staff are well respected in the community, and I hope to earn that same respect in the coming months and years of owning the Studio.

This blog will no longer be updated after the end of the year. We will instead update the Ivey Studio website, and start a new blog using the Ivey Photography name. Agile Images will remain a part of our business, as it will be our sports and mobile events brand. We will continue to shoot local youth sports, dog events, and any other action you care to mention. Action and event photography are very important to me, and we feel like the Agile Images brand will serve us well and continue to grow as we grow.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me fulfill a long time dream of mine. Thanks to all of our clients who have been so generous and have allowed me into your lives to photograph your families, your weddings, your children, and even your pets. Thanks especially to Dad, Ami, and Chandler and most of all to Angie, who will be there every step of the way as we build the Ivey Photography business. Angie will also be spending a lot of time in the new nursery, as we are expecting our second baby (a girl) in January. We have a lot to look forward to in 2009, and we hope you will be along with us to enjoy it. If you are ever in Midlothian, please look us up and stop by. We're easy to find; just a half block off Business 287 at 12th Street, behind Sonic. See you there

No comments: