Sunday, April 13, 2008

Texas Bluebonnet Photography

Its that time of year to try and pull off the classic "kid in a bluebonnet patch" photo. You've all tried it, you've all been through it. Parents love it and kids don't understand it. "WHY are you putting me in these tall blue weeds?", they must be thinking. "BECAUSE IT IS DARN CUTE!", you reply!


Yesterday at my in-laws house, I took my son out for his annual Bluebonnet photos. You may have seen some of them here before. Our bluebonnet patch is on 13 acres in Midlothian, TX. We didn't get the same crop we got last year, but we still have plenty to get in a nice shoot without the Texas Highway Patrol or TXDOT Crews bothering us along the side of the highway. In addition to the bluebonnets, we have a few scattered Indian Paintbrushes that make for great color, as well as a patch of yellow wildflowers that are great, too. The neighbors have a bright red barn with a Texas roof, to top it all off. You can see it in the distance of the last photo here.

If you would like to do a session like this, call me. I can shoot anytime after 5pm, as the best light is between 6:30 and 7:30pm. Its a $75 sitting fee and a $25 minimum print order. If you're like me, there's no way $25 will cover it!! :-)


For you photographers, this set was made with the D300, a 17-55 f2.8 and an 80-200 f2.8.

No comments: