Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Kenny Loggins Concert Photos - House of Blues, Dallas

Ok, I have a confession. I went, I had fun. My mom (pictured below with Kenny) is a HUUUUGE Kenny Loggins fan. She doesn't see well at night and needed a chauffeur to the show (I swear !). I went with her a couple of years back and promised that when he came to town again, I'd take her and bring my camera. Last night Kenny played the House of Blues in Dallas. First, what a GREAT venue. Second, the show was awesome. Sure he stuck the over-played, over characterized staples in there (Footloose, TopGun thing, etc), but the night was made by a 15-minute jam session on Celebrate Me Home. In addition to tickets, my mom is somehow special and had backstage passes to meet Kenny. For me, this was a treat. For her, she's met him so many times he knows her by name. The House of Blues was relaxed on their camera policy so I got in with my D300 and 50mm f/1.4 lens to get these shots. Feel free to download and share if you're a Loggins fan. Just leave the copyright symbol on and don't print or reproduce, please. Just click to see larger versions. Or you can click here to see a gallery of photos.








This last shot is funny because of a couple of things. 1. I know in looking at this photo that I am CLEARLY the youngest person in the room. 2. Look at all of the cameras, phones, PDA's etc. I'm in the back with a $2500 camera getting great shots and these people are trying to squeeze out one decent photo from a PHONE! Funny. By the way if you were at this show and want a larger version of a photo you see here, just email me.

No comments: